Thursday, April 12, 2007

Update and PIFs...............
Wow it has been awhile.. I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday. It was very busy for me as my two children were home from college/school. There is very little computer time for mom when the kids are home! Also we had a health scare with our dear Rooney who has pancreatitis, a urinary tract infection and beginnings of renal failure and heart disease. And my dear mother's dog and companion of 12 years had to be euthanized because of renal failure. It was so hard for my mom to make the decision and it is so hard to watch your mother who is so strong cry. My dad died about a year and a half ago and this little dog was her life. It was very strange on Easter to not have Peppe snuffling around for crumbs. She was blind and would often run into our feet and I swear I could still feel her brushing against my leg while I was there. If there is a heaven I hope that she is at the foot of my dad's chair(her favorite spot) waiting for a much loved treat (that she couldn't have while alive because of diabetes).
As a result I have not accomplished much in the stitching area but here are a few pictures that I took a few weeks ago.

One is Lazy after a 10 hour installment and the other is L's quilt(for my niece who will be in college when it is finished :)






I hope to be a little better with updates.
A few weeks? months? ago Carol, who I would link to but I am not sure how to do that as yet , posted a PIF that I signed up for and now finally I would like to invite my readers to join me. If you would like a Pay It Forward gift from me just leave a comment! I have seen some of the lovely exchanges and PIFs from other boards and I hope that I can offer the same if not in technique than in enthusiasm and friendship. Thank you to the people who leave a comment. I really appreciate it even if I do not always acknowledge it. Have a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Thank you for your comments on my post today. They were very true. So glad you and your son are okay...that is scary! And so sorry to hear about your mom's little dog...having three of my own, I can't even imagine saying goodbye to any of them as I am attached to these three more than any I have ever had. And poor Rooney....just be strong.

8:26 AM  
Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

What a fantastic quilt! I can't quite work out how you've done it on that fabric ....but it looks amazing!

You have my thoughts over poor Rooney. And I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say you think you can still feel nudges. I'm convinced I can still hear Puss Puss every now and then, when I'm least expecting it and it's comforting :)

5:51 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thank you for your comments!
The quilt is from a kit that has a prequilted stamped cross sitch pattern on it. After its finished(whenever that will be!) my mom who is an avid quilter puts a backing and quilt label on it to hide the back. I've done two of these(different patterns) and they are really cute when finished. Thank you for asking!

7:58 AM  
Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

Oooh, I see now how it's done.....I couldn't have worked it out if you hadn't told though, lol. It's so cool. I've never seen cross stich on a quilt top before!

And thank you so much for the kind offer of your DD's beanies Robin, (Backstreet Boys forevva, hahahah)... I would love to say yes to the Beanies.....(my daughter would be your #1 fan), lol..... But if my DH found out I was buying more beanies to bring home, he'd have an apoplexy, hahahah.

I'm tempted by the pif though :) I've already offered a pif on my blog and I'm not sure if I'd manage to get another 5 to sign up but if I took one of your pifs, could we maybe do a sort of sideway's swap and I could just make a pif for you?

Lemme know anyway, I'd love to if you're interested :D

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
The WeatherPixie